Friday, November 2, 2007

Standing Still

The last few days have felt like days from a dream
stolen moments frozen in time.
Doing *school* just because the boys want to,
baking bread because finally the previous loaves
were eaten before they went stale
(I guess that means I've found a decent recipe!),
soaking in the vitamin rays on the porch swing with Ian
while the big boys tear up the front yard football field with Daddy,
cleaning my kitchen while dinner simmers happily in the crockpot.
All the most common, simple, homey things,
but God is giving me pleasure in them.

2 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Hi....I just was visiting Manuela at The Feathered Nest. The things you made for her are wonderful. The combination of fabrics you used are marvelous :-)

Mrs. MK said...

Thanks so much!!! I do love making things!!

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4