Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Home

****my finally successful bread recipe----nicknamed "bubblegum bread"
because it actually stays together while being sliced, instead of crumbling to bits.
AND it doesn't have an overpowering "wheaty gluten" taste---
Mr. Wonderful approves!**** Who knew that a week away,
while in a comfortable, clean house,
that my family would collectively breathe a deep contented sigh
when we walk back through our own door,
and though messes abounded,
felt a peace that we were HOME.

5 comments:

Mrs. G said...

What a great picture of the bread!Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

love to look at your blog! After much searching and trying I have found the best white bread recipe to make in a bread machine!! I also use an electric knife to cut mine and it makes a huge difference. Have a great Day!!

Anonymous said...

congrats on your finally successful bread! i have been having the same problem with all the recipes i've been trying for ordinary sandwich bread.

but today---i'm about to try a recipe that I think will work! If you got a spare moment..cross your fingers for me!

Brambleberry said...

The bread looks lovely. There's just something about homemade bread. Isn't there? I just found a recipe on Monday that works for my family. Such a gratifying search...was a fun process.

Becky Avella said...

Please, please post the recipe. I've never been able to find a good recipe.

: ) Becky A.

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4