Lemons!
My aunt gave us this lemon tree earlier this summer,
and we have watched it excitedly as the lemons matured.
(I can't believe that my boys resisted the temptation to pick one early!!!)
Just this week, we finally picked the first one.
The juice and zest made it's way into some cranberry biscotti,
while Ian finished off the rest.

3 comments:
How do you keep a lemon tree where you live? Do you keep it inside? I live where there is cold weather and snow and I have wanted a lemon tree so badly and did not think it would grow indoors, but maybe it would. Can you let me know where you keep yours? The tree looks so healthy in the picture! Also I pray for you everyday and your new baby!!
We had the tree on our front porch (south exposure) all summer, and brought it in when the temps were consistently hitting below 40 degrees. It's now in our living room, which also faces south, and has lots of bright light from our 8 windows.
This is our first try with a citrus tree...we have high hopes of keeping it alive and producing for years!
Thank you for your prayers! We appreciate and need each one!
Thanks for the lemon tree info reply. I think I will try it out for myself as I have south facing bright windows too!
Post a Comment