
Mr. MK and I have been wanting to learn to practice hospitality more frequently. Last weekend we had sick boys, so this week we really wanted to have someone over. We invited my brother, B. and his wife, S. over on Saturday night. I had planned on having the house sparkling clean, and a fancy table set. Turned out that Mr. MK had W-F off, and started our addition. (baby's room) So that meant LOTS of mud and dust, especially here in the back porch/dining room. Thankfully I had planned a simple menu: baked ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and salad. Dessert was warm apple crisp (with vanilla ice cream) from apples I'd frozen last fall. It was a very simple meal to prepare---I started cooking, cleaning up, and setting the table about 4 pm. I enjoyed using our octagon shaped ironstone plates, and these "aqua" napkins I found at the thrift store a couple of weeks ago.
It was very relaxed, and we enjoyed fellowship with B and S very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment