Saturday, February 10, 2007

What's my worldview and where'd it come from?



What is FEMINISM? Am I aware of all the ways that IT has become intrinsic in our culture---and the culture of the church? Am I aware of the subtle ways it is a part of my own worldview? Do I think of the ways IT affects my attitudes and relationships with my husband and children?

Lately several componets of FEMINISM have come to my attention that I am ashamed to admit have been just considered "normal" to me. I just thought that way---and I'm not sure why. This has opened the door to thinking "What is my WORLDVIEW?" and then "Where did it come from?"

I find it very shocking to realize how much of the "world" I carry around in my head and heart. How did this happen? Was I just not listening? Was I just doing what everyone else does (including "church" friends)? And what other philospohies of worldly life do I have in place that I have never questioned or made to line up with the Bible? What tenets of modernism and post-modernism, etc. am I embracing, though unaware?

So how does one do inventory of the componets of this filing cabinet in the head and heart, to re-evaluate every attitude and thought, of every leaning or conviction? For I want not be a crowd follower, one who jumps on the bandwagon with every book or idea that challenges me---but to follow Christ alone, to be found in Him alone, and have every thought captive in HIM!

Pray for me---that I would not become too self-consumed in my searchings, but yet follow the Spirit where he leads, even into those hidden areas of my heart that I have not yielded to my Lord Jesus.

No comments:

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4