Friday, October 3, 2008

Keeping my Focus


The constant noise over the election and the ecomomy,
the daily struggle for victory over my emotions,
the discipline, training and love (and snacks!) that my boys need,
leaves me feeling stressed, distracted, tired, and worried.

~~~
Today I sit, still and praying,
for a holy purpose to be restored to my heart.
~~~
Hebrews 12:2
Let us fix our eyes
on Jesus,
the author and perfecter
of our faith,
who for the joy set before
him endured the cross,
scorning its shame,
and sat down at the right hand
of the throne of God.


1 comment:

Laura said...

May I know your first name? I'm smiling just thinking how great our God is to bring this verse to your mind when chaos seems to overwhelm us! Our hope is that He indeed is the Author and Perfector!

Thankful that our God is glorified the most when we need Him the most,

laura.

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4