Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Familiar

I've been here before.
Three separate times, in fact.
So low, so dark, so small.
Part of me wars against all I love,
angry at all I hold dear.
Inner places of pain, deep beyond explaining.
I do know this.....my God is not put off by my sin.
The sin of rebellion,
the sin of anger,
the sin of discontentment....
even when it's all aimed at him.
He became sin for me,
he will not leave me here.
I cannot save myself, because
sometimes I don't even want him,
but he will not let me go.
Phillipians 1:6
I am confident of this,
that he who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion
until the day of Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

Mrs. G said...

Praying for you today! I am so sorry you are not doing well... I can't imagine how deep your sorrow must be! Just know that I LOVE ya and am praying for you!

Roberta said...

"When I said, "My foot is slipping,"
your love, O LORD, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul." Psalm 94:18&19

When our Elliott went home to Jesus this passage of scripture was one I held close to my grieving heart.
Love you Katie...praying for you.

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4