Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Through the Valley




Somedays I just wake up feeling like crying, and by noon, know it would have been better off for me to have my weep before breakfast, instead of dragging it on through the day. Today my heart is just heavy. It has been two years to the day since we buried our little girl, and I still go by the cemetery and think, "It can't be!"
As always, I sit and stare at the screen, wondering how much, and what, and if, do I say anything at all?
These two years have been like twenty (I feel soooo old!) and yet, I can praise God for answering my prayers, for keeping my family whole while I was blinded by grief. I know that my boys bear the marks of this, too, but in a good way. Their faith and hope in God is so strong. Braden's first response when we told him of the new baby, was "If this baby dies, it will be OK, because Ellie had the best life ever. Just straight to God....none of this yucky stuff." If my eight year old can see that life on earth is not all there is, then this is only God! I have failed them often, often, often as a mother. From the start, I begged God to let me still be a good mom, since I can't afford to give up years of our children's lives! But these have been ugly years, when my selfishness and sinfulness have shown, a painful and humiliating process. My dear husband has borne the brunt of my ugliness, and yet continues to love and serve me in the strength of Christ. I am thankful for him and the way he has been a direct flow of God's love in tangible ways, while suffering himself.
I miss my little Ellie, I wish she was going to get to be a big sister this fall. But I am convinced, through this suffering more than ever, that heaven is just a breath away, and God's promises of rewards and restitution are more real to me than ever. There will be a time when ALL our tears are gone. Hard to fathom right now. But it's going to be good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs to you from me*

Tasha said...

Isn't wonderful to have unconditional love??!! Such a blessing! My heart hurts with you today - our thoughts and loves are with you!

Remember - you are an amazing Mommy! Don't forget it!!

Kimmie said...

Sharing is good. What you've been through is hard, really hard. Praying for you, that God will fill you with Joy unspeakable in those sad, dark places.

sending a hug, wish you could come over. I had 17 plus years of infertility...I'd love to feel your wee one moving around in your belly. I am sharing your sorrow and your joy my friend. I am happy God sent you to my life. ;-) God is good.

whitey said...

I can not believe it has been two years I can not remember when I started to read your blog or even how I came upon it. I know when I first found your blog I had just lost my Dad and was trying to make sense of it, it will be three years now in April. What a tender heart your son has. I think of you often and what you are going through know that there are many just like me that are wishing you and your famlliy the best.

Mommy said...

You're a special gal, miss Katie and a dear friend... it's such a pleasure to know you, grow along side you and have such a sweet picture of Christ present in your life. We have all been yucky... to recognize that is worth more than to have never been yucky at all!
Loves!

Crafts a la Mode said...

Think of the people who don't know Jesus but have gone through this...

My sister lost a grandchild when he was only 4 and it was an awful time even though we know he was called home early. It's hard to know why.

Blessings and love,
Linda

Rooney's Little Musings said...

What a sweet little boy you have, and what a blessing.

Thinking of you.

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4