Wednesday, November 24, 2010

23 Weeks

You might have noticed by now,  that I'm nothing if not practical.
It's this,  plus the fact that I don't want to have to go through the 
frustration
and pain 
{again}
of returning things that I won't be able to use,
that has kept me from buying maternity clothes,  baby clothes,
decorating the nursery,  and even discussing names for our Sweet 7.
But,  this sweater is one exception.
It hangs on my bedroom door,  right across from the bed.
The last thing I see before I shut off the light,
 this little sweater that reminds me to hope.
To pray.   To never give up.  To love.
~
I wonder when I will be able to do all these things,
and if I will ever be able to do them?
For now, 
I guess the sweater will have to be enough.

4 comments:

Laura said...

What a sweet little sweater :) happy thanksgiving to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

I have been where you are....I so understand. Hang on to hope. The Lord works miracles. Yesterday we were able to celebrate our little miracle's first Thanksgiving. This time last year it seemed like such an impossible dream.....but it can come true! Our little Tobin is proof ! Still praying for you and your sweet family.

Meri Beth

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and praying for you and your sweet little babe.

Ebe said...

I did the same thing. I had two little outfits that hung on the dresser right in front of my bed and I looked at them every night before I went to sleep.

Praying and hoping with you.

love,
ebe

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4