Thursday, September 22, 2011

Childhood Dreams

As a young girl,  the highlight of my summer was going u-picking.
Raspberries and blackberries,  apples and peaches.
Canning, making jam and pies,  oh the smells.

I longed for the day when I would have my own home, 
with all kinds of my own fruit.   How amazing would that be?

This summer,  5 years after putting our roots down here,
we have our first real harvest of fruit.
Raspberries by the bucketful~2 times a week,
  and we picked 130 pounds of peaches this evening. 

I feel something that money can't buy,  feeding my family from the fruit of our hands.
This blessing,  this is wealth,  this is abundance from the Lord.

2 comments:

Melissa Joy said...

Beautiful! I love this.

Jen said...

I am smiling with you!

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4