
This last weekend, while out on a date with Mr. MK, he paid me a sweet compliment that I have been musing on ever since.
While I have never been a horrid housekeeper---there have definately been times in our short marriage where it was not my priority, and I didn't really care that much whether or not the garbage stunk or there were three days worth of dishes in the sink. Lately (the last 4-5 months, after recovering from morning sickness) I have made a effort to do better at the domestic routines---the things that just have to be done. This started out partly with energy from my huge "nesting" phase before the holidays, and now that THAT is gone, I have been struggling to keep up again.
He NOTICED!!! He said that he has never realized what a peaceful and comforting feeling it is to walk barefoot into our room, and see a clean floor, neat bedside tables, and a smoothly made bed. Does he really likes seeing me take pride in the home that he has provided for me? Of course he does!! The little things like a clean countertop, clean sheets (don't forget having socks and underwear) and a soft towel---they really matter!! I always thought that guys didn't really care about that stuff (since they rarely take the time to clean up after themselves!! :-)
How often have I thought that being a "good housekeeper" meant being fastidious over the silly details, fussing at the kids when they spill, and scolding the husband when he tracks mud in? No, it means bringing my husband GOOD all the days of his life---in the form of a comfortable, welcoming, and restful home!
Proverbs 31:
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
1 comment:
This is an awesome post! Although I don't exactly have a husband to clean up after :), it's still a great reminder to clean for my family's and dad's sake. I'm definitely one of those people who needs a lot of encouragement to get any cleaning done...thanks for writing this!
Jordan
Post a Comment