Saturday, March 17, 2007

Transforming our 'saltbox' into a 'bungalow'



Our dear little house is getting a facelift! It was built in 1949---post war era and a very practical style and layout. There are absolutely no eaves and the siding is wide lap cedar. On the east side, we are putting on an addition that will be baby's room soon and later be a closet for our room. Mr. MK has been researching our favorite style of house---the craftsman/bungalow. We've decided to add those little details to the rest of the house, as well as a future addition on the front for a living room. I am so surprised at his attention to detail---he really is good at this! I LOVE the roof brace---isn't he a genius???

This side view won't be very visible once we put up our privacy fence, so this is a great place to practice and figure out how to get the look we are after.
I am more than thrilled at my hubby's talents and dedication. Who knew that I would end of spending a spring evening last week driving around Weiser taking pictures of houses!! ACK!!! De ja vu, big time!! Too bad I'm loving it!!
No news on the baby front! Today is a beautiful St. Patricks day---a good day to have a birthday, right??
Repeat with me "we are being patient, we are being patient........"

No comments:

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4