
Lately it seems that my energy and creativity for cooking has been lacking. You know, that feeling of--
"I'm sure he must be sick of eating this---we've been eating the same 7 meals over and over again!"
"I think I know how to cook---but WHAT are we going to have for dinner?!!"
"I know this isn't very healthy, but everyone likes it and it's easy!"
Well, even though I have a very long-suffering Mr. MK and the kids will eat (almost) anything, it is time for me to take this a little more seriously. I read that the Nutritional GateKeeper of the Home is responsible for 75% of what the family ends up eating. That means if I buy cheetos and "granola" bars for lunch treats---that's what we'll end up eating. (surprised, right?) So it's up to me to not be so lazy and really take the time to make healthy, delicious meals with a reasonable amount of variety.
So I've laid out a plan for menus in sequential order---prepping certain foods all at the same time, using leftovers for a second variation meal, and so on. I will let you know how it goes.
The last two nights I have been given rave reviews by the men.
No comments:
Post a Comment