
This couch is a very sturdy, comfy couch that was passed on to me from my Grandma when she was redoing her living room. I took one look at it and immediately thought "ACK---we'll be making a slipcover for THAT one!!" So after 2+ years of being shrouded in a hastily made slipcover from Waverly home dec fabric---this spring my couch has found a new life as ITSELF!! I am now really enjoying the vibrant colors, the texture of the woven cloth, and the tailored details like this turned arm with pleats.
So now the problem is---all my earth tones in the living room just look dingy and dirty. And I know that by fall, and heading into the holidays---this might be more "summer fun" than I can take. But for now, I'm enjoying sitting here and admiring the couch, and by the way, it's Ian's favorite visual stimuli, too!
3 comments:
I had a very similar experience. Instead of trying (and failing) to mask a sofa that I wouldn't have chosen myself, I decided to embrace it in all its glory. It wasn't easy, but I found that throw pillows helped me tolerate it. :) Wasn't it a pain to keep the cover properly tucked in place?!
(For what it's worth, I think the sofa you have is quite lovely.)
Thanks!! Yes, I am taking one of the cushions with me next time I go to the city---will try to find some fabric for a few throw pillows.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting!!
I have just found your blog today and am really enjoying it. I love that sofa, by the way; your photo makes it look very pretty. Most of our furniture came from my husband's grandparents (both sets!)and early on I used to wish that I could choose my own things. Now, though, I feel blessed and grateful to have such lovely antique furniture!
Post a Comment