Monday, February 18, 2008

It's in the Air

Sometimes,
I wonder if I'm the only mother whose children
will find something to fight about----big or little.
Today it's the patch of sunshine on the floor,
and a myriad of other things that display our hearts.
In all of them,
a root of selfishness that is absurd to the observer,
yet invisible to our scrutiny.
Reveal to us our sinful, deceptive hearts, O LORD,
and make us flee with all haste
to your throne of grace!

6 comments:

Brambleberry said...

What a lovely reminder. Thank you.
(and you are not the only mother of children that find all sorts of interesting things to argue over!)

Tracy said...

You are so right ~ we are all like this! My children have made arguing an art-form I think. Who'd have though you could argue over who walks through a doorway first. *sigh*

periwinkle said...

That is such a cool photo though. I have this to come but can see it being so true
Lisa x

Julie said...

What a wonderful moment captured in a photo.

Tracy said...

My children were arguing in the car on the way to school two days ago and I thought of you and this post. I just had to come back and tell you the newest most ridiculous argument subject:

Whether Mummy is using petrol, or the newly installed LPG.

How, may I ask, is it possible to argue over what fuel source I use to drive a car???!!!!! *sigh*

Mrs. MK said...

Tracy---that is great! It's better to laugh in recollection than cry!

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4