Friday, July 25, 2008

He gives and takes away....


More of Ann's thoughts here .......

The reality is that God does takes away......

do we continue to say.....

blessed be His name?

What if all was taken?

Our families, friends, homes,

refridgerators, clothes, cars,computers.......

starving and alone.

Nothing left besides him?

Would we praise him even then?

3 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Hard questions, aren't they? I sincerely hope... yearn... that I will have a voice and heart of praise in the face of hardship.

I think you would enjoy Ruth's thoughts posted on July 22 (gracelaced.wordpress.com) -- She wrote, "It is by Grace alone that I have been saved; yet, without disciplining my person, battling my sin, and running to the Word of God in desperation and hunger, I will never respond to trials in a victorious manner. I want to respond in faith, not react in flesh. I know no other route but through proactive surrender and the pursuit of holiness."

Grace said...

I just read a book called Evidence Not Seen by Darlene Deibler Rose. When all about her fell away and she was completely alone, she held to God. It's an amazing story. You would love it. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I stumbled onto your blog through Nancy Wilson's blog. The articulation of your grief and how you have expressed it have touched me. We lost our sixth child, our third daughter, at 39 weeks in utero to trisomy 18. This was three years ago. My heart resonates with yours. The grief was a long, slow walk of about two years and still pokes it head up at times. God is GOOD, in the midst of it all.

Bless you,
Paula

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4