Friday, October 17, 2008

Loopy Lace Scarf

My first pattern...hope you like it!

Loopy Lace Scarf
This light and lofty reversible lace
honeycomb rib scarf features a loop
to keep it in place and keep you warm!
Yarn: Frog Tree Alpaca
Sport Weight in Natural ..2 skeins
Needles: Size 4 (I used my set of bamboo double points...
you'll need three for the loop)
Gauge: 26 sts in pattern=4inches
Finished Size: 6 inches by 34 inches

Abbreviations:
k ~ knit
p~ purl
sl 1~ slip one knitwise
yo~ yarn over
psso~ pass slipped stitch over
.
.
Cast on 40 (or a multiple of 5 stitches. )
(k3, p2) repeat seven times, k3, p1, sl 1
(k1, yo, k1, sl1-p2-psso)repeat seven times, k1, yo, k1, sl 1-p1-sl 1-psso
(k2, p3)repeat seven times, k2, p2, sl 1
(sl 1-k2-psso, p 1, yo, p 1)x7, sl 1-k2-psso, p 1, yo, sl 1
.
.
Knit honeycomb stitch pattern for 6 inches,
ending with a simple knit/purl row.
.
.
Dividing Stitches for Pull-Through
Divide stitches onto two needles (holding two needles in right hand, work in left hand, slip one stitch onto front needle, second stitch to back needle, alternating until all stitches are divided)
Knitting one side at a time, Knit 1 Purl 1 ribbing, for two inches. Cut yarn, leaving 8 inch tail, and attach to other side, knit until equal length. Then holding both sections in left hand, slip stitches one at a time, alternating front and back needles, until all the work is together again on the right needle. Pick up pattern again, starting with row one.
.
.
Knit honeycomb pattern for 23 inches (or desired length for around the neck)
Repeat Dividing Stitches.
In pattern, knit 6 inches, bind off loosely. Block lightly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The scarf is absolutely beautiful!! You have done a lovely job! I would purchase it if it was for sale.
BTW, I still regularly pray for you.
Mrs DB

Laura said...

Nice work, Mrs. MK! Very beautiful...

Becky Avella said...

SO Beautiful! Wish I knew how to knit. : )

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

What a beautiful scarf! Well done, indeed.

As one who knows nothing about knitting... I'm lost. So I'll just enjoy the photo.

Grace said...

lovely scarf! :) i love the soft creamy color...

peeking out villa villekulla said...

That is such a lovely scarf! wow!

I reteach myself how to knit every few years.. but I don't think this is the year.

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4