Thursday, December 31, 2009

At the End: 2009

This year has been unspeakable.
Blogging has been a struggle
as I sincerely could not find
the words to convey the
depth of my misery,
culminating in March.
But now, equally, the words are just as evasive, as I recount the healing that God has done in my heart over the last nine months. Day by day he has strengthened me, restored me.
Weeping in despair, anger, loneliness and depression has been replaced by singing, laughter, smiles, and
acceptance-with-joy.
God is good, and God is all there is.
Run with him in 2010!

6 comments:

Becky Avella said...

Beautifully said! Praising God with you for healing that isn't fast, but is lasting and real.

Joyful New Year!

Rebecca said...

Praising God with you and for you!!

May God richly bless you in the coming year.

With love~

Anonymous said...

I feel so similarly, Kate. So much healing and so much pain, but so little is able to be shared, esp publicly. So few people would get it.

Praising God for your healing.

Designerof3 said...

Katie,
Your words have been with me every since I read your last blog yesterday. I came back to say that I've been thinking of so many Christian giants of the past who also quoted their need of acceptance with joy in their lives. You are not alone! We walk with a great cloud of witnesses. Blessings on 2010!!!
Love, Nellie

whitey said...

I think of you often and your journey to heal.

Kimmie said...

Sending a hug. I am so glad you didn't quit blogging...if you did God couldn't have made you my friend. I am so thankful for your deposit into my life...looking forward to seeing how blossoms and blooms our friendship this year.

Glad you are walking in a new place of peace...God is good!

xoxox
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4