Friday, February 12, 2010

Today is the day...

to skip school in favor of making sugar cookies!To smell the roses that Mr. Wonderful
couldn't resist buying last night....
And this is the *little* (monumental) reason why:
A heartbeat, a strong, steady heartbeat.
Kicks and spins, while we gasped in amazement.
Perfect size. Perfect little 10 week baby.


My mind tells me it's still too soon,
but my heart is racing ahead,
imagining this one in my arms.

5 comments:

Kimmie said...

Believing with you my dear precious friend.

And I think your wee one is laughing...I can see it very clearly in the portrait...a wee one who laughs.
Boy?

Girl?

I don't know, but definitely a happy one.

love it.
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Mommy said...

Psalm 91:4, "He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Love you, Katie! Praying you find rest in His promises today and everyday after. Loves!

whitey said...

How exciting for you !

Brambleberry said...

Praise God. What a beautiful little Baby Cakes. :)

Becky Avella said...

That picture brought tears to my eyes. I'm JUST SO HAPPY for you!

Love,
Becky

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4