Sunday, May 23, 2010

I Surrender All

At 2:30am, my husband took a trip to the emergency room with our middle son, Nathan. He suddenly is coughing and can't breathe. His throat is very restricted. Staying home with my other two boys, I have prayed as much as I can, doing the laundry and cleaning the bathroom.

~Now I have had a call, it's croup. They are giving him some treatments, and watching him for the next 4 hours. Please pray that Nathan heals, and that this will not return.

~
Today's hymn is a hard one,
especially when dealing with fear
and the reality that God DOES take away.
I want to be able to sing this with my whole heart!
~
All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
***
I surrender all,
I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
***
All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
***
All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly thine;
May Thy Holy Spirit fill me,
May I know Thy pow'r divine.
***
All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
~Judson W. Van de Venter

2 comments:

Melissa Joy said...

Thank you for this reminder, dear one! I am so sorry the day began as it did. We'll pray for your family, esp Nathan, today.
I have things that I cling so tightly to (namely, my children and my womb) that I have such trouble surrendering them... Thank you for this reminder. It has me in tears.
(((hugs)))

Tasha said...

Hi Katie! We are praying that you all recover VERY soon! I heard you weren't feeling well either! I am sorry! Get better quick! We will talk to you soon!

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4