Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Father's World

This is my Father's world,
And to my listening ears
All nature sings and round me rings
The music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world:
I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees of skies and seas---
His hand the wonders wrought.
~
This is my Father's World,
The bird's their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white,
Declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world:
He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass,
He speaks to me everywhere.
~
This is my Father's world,
O let me ne'er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the Ruler yet.
This is my Father's world;
the battle is not done;
Jesus who died shall be satisfied,
and earth and heaven be one.
~
Maltbie Davenport Babcock (1858-1901)
Last Sunday's hymn has been with me all week:
"Be still , my soul, the Lord is on thy side!"

This week I will remember
the third verse...
"God is the Ruler yet!"

7 comments:

Melissa Joy said...

I needed this right now. Thank you.
My world is broken too.
And most of the time, there feels nothing sweet about it.
(((hugs)))

Lissa said...

Katie, you are a treasure, a precious woman of God.

Tasha said...

Hi Katie! Just wanted to tell you I am thinking about ya! I heard that Ian is sick now too - I am sorry! I will be praying that your whole family will heal quickly. Hang in there, call if you need to talk! We are ready to play with you guys as soon as everyone's ready! Love you!

Mrs. MK said...

Melissa Joy....
I can't find anyway to contact you, or to find out more about you, but I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and your own broken heart. Don't give up and don't give in, dear sweet one. God is here, in the pain.

Melissa Joy said...

Thank you MrsMK. You have blessed me so much over the many months I have followed your blog. I have lost five babies at this point, and feel caught between joy & grief most days. I know you know what that is.
I will leave my blog link for you, but please don't feel like you have to write me. I just wanted you to know that you bless me, even when you are broken, and especially when I am broken.
Our God is good in all things. I truly believe that and know it.
But it is the only thing of which I am certain right now.

Rebecca said...

It's been a while since I stopped. Wanted to say I care.

That's all.

Happy Mother's Day-to a sweet one!

Ebe said...

Beautiful...

how safe we are in his hands, maybe not in this world but in his hands.

Thanks for reminding me today.

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4