photo of the boys' favorite chicken (Whitey)
I've never grieved this way. It's different this time. I would just rather NOT process all this pain. So I put it away, tenderly and with a prayer that it will stay where it belongs and not mess up my life. But last night, it overflowed like a drawer stuffed with too many socks. The grief explodes and I wonder how I am to clean it up.
The first thing to go:
Blog reading/Facebook has brought many wonderful friends and blessings to my life, but at this stage in my grief being on the 'net is also bringing on extra burdens that I can't bear right now. My real life is pretty simple.....feed the family, fold the laundry, weed the vegetables---and I like it that way. So, while I will still be blogging here for the purpose of my personal and family journal, I won't be checking in or commenting on all my favorite blogs for the next few months. And I'm quitting Facebook, too.
Wonder what it's like back in the stone age? I'll let you know!

7 comments:
Good for you Katie! I have often thought that it would be good for me to stop being so "connected". While people call it that, I think it's a different kind of connected that I really long for. I am glad you will still be blogging though! :)
Katie, I'll be praying for you over the next few months while you set yourself aside and linger in only the goodness of our Savior! How blessed you will be for your obedience.
I am also going to quit facebook for a season over the summer, it was doing quite the same thing for me, burdening, overwhelming and bring dissention into my heart and mind until I cut back a month ago. I couldn't sleep or be at peace!
I know you will enjoy this "break" and the smiplicity of focusing on your beautiful family! Much love, my friend!
Oh, and LOVE the photo, Braden!
Oh, how I will miss you.
I do understand, but as this is the only way we can *see* each other. I will miss you really.
I love you Katie.
May God bring you comfort and heart healing.
I found that in my years of loss and infertility that when I didn't focus on me, but others who were hurting (for me it was widows and orphans...) I stopped hurting so deeply and grew to again trust God with my quiverful.
I did foster care for 6 years to minister to those children who are hurting and without...in the process God gave me 4 children that came and became mine forever. And no, it isn't the same as pregnancy...God only allowed me to do this to full term once, but His ways are higher than ours-where I am now standing I see that perfectly.
I say this- to just share my journey, all 17 years of loss and infertility...to hopefully show you God works in mysterious ways. I love all of my children, as deeply as I do my *homemade* as does my knight. God is amazingly good. I have learned to trust Him, though my heart sometimes just doesn't understand.
Praying for you my friend.
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted
*hugs* my friend
Hi Katie,
I am proud of you!! I am one of "the ones" that rebels at the use of technology for interaction with my friends and family. I feel that it is a shame at what has been lost in communication, face to face or voice to voice. Now it seems that everyone wants you to just send a text or a message on the internet. This seems to be a cop-out for personal interaction. I don't think that it is the way that God intended for us to minister to each other. Maybe that seems to be a harsh interpretation of technology but it has always bothered me how far removed we are from each other.
I love when you come into the nursery for a visit!! That is truely a blessing to me! I will be, and have always, been praying for you sweet friend!
I'll miss you, Kate. I wish I could sit outside with you and knit.
Post a Comment