Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Birthday Boy

Today:
schoolwork done with the boys,
several household projects completed....
but I would have prefered....

~reaching greedy arms for my baby boy
~crying tears of joy at his breathing
~inhaling the wonderful scent of life, newest life
~hearing his funny croaking cry
~posing for the best photo in the world...baby (minutes old) and mommy (delirious)
~watching Daddy meet his boy for the first time
~introducing my boy to his big brothers
~calling Grandma's and Grandpa's with happy news


I'm still whispering "Happy Birthday, Benjamin!"

8 comments:

Tasha said...

Love you! Sorry-praying for you today!

Anonymous said...

Katie. Love you. Benjamin: Happy Birthday, enjoy the loving arms of Jesus!

Melissa Joy said...

Oh Benjamin, you are sorely missed here on this earth and in your mommy's arms. But I know your big sister is singing with you today.
Katie, dear... my heart is aching for you. Just burning with anguish.
Praying & sending my love.

Liz said...

Thank you for sharing. I know it's a sober day. I also lost a baby this year and the birthday would have been Sept. 6th. I'm dreading that day a little. Praying for you today as you grieve in a new way.

Designerof3 said...

Love you Katie, praying for you today. I love this quote taken from Mary Beth Chapman's new book "If we knew what God knew about death, we would raise our listless hands and clap"

Molly said...

Grace and peace to you tonight, dear Katie.

amanda* said...

amen. come Lord Jesus.

Ebe said...

Katie, I'm sorry.

Benjamin is sorely missed here- it does ache so much.

And I can imagine the joy and love he's feeling now. I hope that is some comfort to your weary heart.

love,
ebe

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4