Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sweet 7

You can imagine our shock and surprise when we found out in July that I am pregnant with our 7th child. You have read the glut of emotions that have followed. It has been a battle, a struggle, a wrestling match of fear vs. faith.

And faith is not believing that everything will go our way, but instead, that God loves us, is still in control and is working in my body (for His glory and our good).

Even if He asks us to say good-bye again.

9 comments:

Liz said...

Congratulations! What a gift from God! I have enjoyed reading your blog since last April. You have encouraged and blessed me! I also lost a baby (at 17 wks) at the end of March and I'm now expecting again and also struggling through the fear vs. faith. I'm journeying with you!

Laura said...

Aaron and I will be praying for you, baby, and your family. It is encouraging and a good reminder to me about how we need to remember who is in control when I see how you always turn your eyes back on Jesus...no matter the severity of the situation. I was thrilled for you when I read the news! Very exciting! :)

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Oh how I am smiling! Know that I will be praying for you and for this precious little one.

Anonymous said...

Will be praying for you.... whatever God's will is - that you will be able to believe in it still.

Jessica Bish, Dayton PA

Melissa Joy said...

Still praying. (((hugs)))
My own "Baby Seven" (Victory Athanasius - but still Baby Seven in my heart) was such a blessing to me.
Love to you today. And prayers.

French mom said...

I'm so happy for you !
Hugs and prayers

Ebe said...

Precious baby! I'm so happy for you.
Will be praying for you...

Butterfly-angel said...

I just wanted to say how happy I was for you for expecting baby 7....I know how hard it has been the past few years and I pray that you are blessed with a healthy baby to hold in your arms...I don't know if you remember, I am Melissa Joy's friend - and though we do not know each other, our stories are so very similar...Like you, we also found out in July we are expecting baby number 7....my 3 boys are excited - but ever so protective of mommy....watching me with hawk eyes that I do not bend or lift....and after every scan - the question comes - is the baby still alive?...Praying for you as we once again start this journey together....

Rebecca said...

Getting caught up on blogs (finally) and was joyously surprised at your wonderful news!

That second paragraph is perfect. SO often we simplify what Faith truly is. It isn't waiting patiently for what you want to happen, but knowing what happens is how God wants it. You put it beautifully.

We are jumping up and down for joy here for your family (my hubby and I both keep you in our prayers) and praising God for giving you this little tiny life to care for. Number 7. It's a very good number! :-)

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4