Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ellie!!

24 weeks with my little girl....such a short time,
but how she has changed my life!
It's like a little secret....I have a daughter!!

There have been comments and questions 
(even more now that we have James)
asking about "trying" for a girl.
Most the time I just smile and say...
"We'll see!"
but inside I have this little monologue:
"Hey, sweet girl....I miss you,
and apparently everyone else,  even perfect strangers
can see that there is something missing in our little family...
a bouncy little girl!"

Ellie would be three today!

There are still moments of profound sadness and longing over
my Ellie,
but lately,  mostly just anticipation.  
She is safe and secure,
it's just a matter of time
until we touch again.


5 comments:

skye said...

I so love that she lives in your heart as the blooming flower that she is.

Melissa Joy said...

Just a matter of time! Amen, my friend. Blessed be the name of our Lord. (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I just love your heart toward Ellie, how you speak to her and envision her.

Happy Birthday sweet girl! Someday we will meet face to face :).

Miss Gracie's House said...

such a sweet remembrance of a precious life...we miss her, too.

Joy Thomas Klassen said...

Your post about your sweet little daughter touched my heart. Our first little grandson Jay Benjamin was born full term but born silently. We say it is a mystery that only God understands. Not a day goes by that I don't remember. Our lives changed that day . It was so hard seeing our kids grieving too - and knowing that there was nothing we could do. We celebrate his birthday at the little cemetery and sometime I just go alone to sit, to pray, to journal, to cry, to tell my sweet grandson how much I miss him. He now has a little brother who was born a year and a half later, and GOD has brought us much joy through Everett's birth. We know Jay is with Jesus but we miss him more than words can tell.
I hear you .... and just to let you know - that you are blessing us through your posting! Sending love to you and your family!
joy klassen
manitoba
canada

www.thoughtsfromacountrymouse.blogspot.com

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4