Thursday, July 28, 2011

Farmhouse Garden Style

                                                                                     There are times (ok, most of the times)
                                           that I long for a bit more elegance in my life.
                                               Then something like this happens:
 I've planted pumpkins in my flower bed (the sun has disappeared from our back garden plot---thanks to a neighbors elm tree) and they are growing crazy,  so they've been forced trained to climb. They rampantly climb galvanized pipes,  found here at the house when we moved in,  which are tied to the porch posts with leftover bits of wire.
(Good thing that "Industrial" is chic,  no?)
The crazy thing is how much I love it!!  The pumpkin leaves are so huge,  and they look amazing backlit from inside my kitchen window.    Then these feathery, hot pink cosmos dance above the foliage,  and it's a combination that I'm going to repeat.

We are oh-so-green.  

1 comment:

Laura said...

So pretty Katie! I love when things un-planned seem like they were planned, and you can't beat pumpkin foliage! Now we just need to figure out a way to make them perennial and evergreen :)

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4