Friday, September 7, 2007

Mothering Boys

I don't pretend to even begin to understand
how to raise fearless, courageous men.
But here's a start. They showed no fear of heights---
Practicing going down and up again----

Black stains from the old tar paper---


Did I mention that they weren't afraid at ALL?







Ok, that's about all my poor heart can take---
please come down now??!!!






Getting closer!



No problems, MOM!!



Now I can breathe again!

2 comments:

Brambleberry said...

Yikes! My hands were getting sweaty just looking at those pictures. My fear of heights + my own children's propensity for fearless endeavors have manifested in a serious, vicarious moment.

I sighed of relief with you seeing those little feet near the ground. :)

You've gotta love that bravery.

Roberta said...

My thoughts too YIKES!!!
Such brave young boys! :)

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4