Monday, March 24, 2008

New Toys

After a brief meltdown of grief
over the daughter
that will never play with these kitchen toys,
I realized how much my boys love to play kitchen,
and to help me cook.
And I was right---look at the concentration
as he perfects his techniques
(and all good chefs have drool
running out of their mouth as they cook---
anticipation is the best part, you know!)

Here is my little chef, with his new kitchen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A cute little chef !

Roberta said...

Love the little chef and kitchen.
I have blankets made for Elliott that were given before and after. Sam used a few and others were not brought out until Noah. I understand the tender joy of seeing them used and loved.

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4