Friday, June 13, 2008

Facing Fear

After a trip to a specialty doctor yesterday,
we received some pretty bad news.
Her advice was extensive surgery
before becoming pregnant again.
My mind shut down, fear overwhelming me,
flashbacks of the last time I was in an ultrasound room.
Tears overwhelm me, and I am hesitant to
face the world this morning.
Fearful of the life that is looming before me,
it's not what I asked for.
.
.
.
Jesus Calms the Storm....Matthew 8:23-27
Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him.
Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake,
so that the waves swept over the boat.
But Jesus was sleeping.
The disciples went and woke him, saying,
"Lord, save us! We're going to drown!"
He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?"
Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves,
and it was completely calm.
The men were amazed and asked,
"What kind of man is this?
Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think of you, my friend... Don't be afraid, I am sure everything will be OK with the Lord's help and the love from your family.

Tracy said...

...before becoming pregnant again...

Hold on to that hope and take one step at a time. That same Christ who commands the winds and the waves is the One who gives you strength.

Lucky said...

don't fear - just believe. i am wishing the best for you.

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4