Monday, July 7, 2008

"Home-Making---


—being a full-time wife and mother—is not a destructive drought of usefulness but an overflowing oasis of opportunity; it is not a dreary cell to contain one’s talents and skills but a brilliant catalyst to channel creativity and energies into meaningful work; it is not a rope for binding one's productivity in the marketplace, but reins for guiding one's posterity in the home; it is not oppressive restraint of intellectual prowess for the community, but a release of wise instruction to your own household; it is not the bitter assignment of inferiority to your person, but the bright assurance of of the ingenuity of God's plan for the complementarity of the sexes, especially as worked out in God's plan for marriage; it is neither limitation of gifts available nor stinginess in distributing the benefits of those gifts, but rather the multiplication of a mother's legacy to the generations to come and the generous bestowal of all God meant a mother to give to those He entrusted to her care."
Dorothy Patterson



(photo of Miss Gracie's culinary accomplishments.....
a gift for a friend soon to be married.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. MK,
A little P.S.
Are those biscotti in the picture and what herb is in them? They look wonderful!!
And are the little items that are next to the cakes, holders for the names of the dessert? They look to be adorable! I am going to be on the lookout for something like that!
The cakes are beautiful and lovely!
Great job!!
Mrs. DB

Mrs. MK said...

Yes, those are biscotti---two different kinds....lemon-lavendar and cranberry-almond.

Yes, the "labels" are actually place markers or something similiar....she prints the name of the dessert on the computer and then it all has a coordinated look....she's very cool!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs MK,
Thank you for your reply! I thought it looked like lavender or rosemary!
That comment of mine was actually a P.S. to the 1st comment I wrote to your post. I guess the 1st one did not get in. I had written to tell you that I had originally come across your blog from femina back in March and have since looked at it almost everyday. It has been a great blessing to me, both your photography and posts! I have wanted to comment many times on things you have written but finally today did so with the great quote from Dorothy Patterson! I love this quote on homemaking! Homemaking is my passion! It transcends time and generations, and I am eternally grateful to God that He has given me this calling and enabled me to strive to all the opportunities and loveliness and abilities to live this out for my family - all those He has graciously given to me to serve in this way. It is my life here on earth and by God's grace, I love every minute of all of it! May God grant that it continue down to my future generations and prosper all the more to His glory and praise! It ALL is to reveal Him, and glorify Him and experience Him to the maximum possible here on earth! I have prayed for you regularly since reading about you and your life on your musings. I have smiled and cried when you have shared your life and heart. I wish I knew you better! Thank you for posting as you do, it is a blessing! May you be blessed by our Triune God in return through my prayers for you.
Blessings! Blessings!
Mrs. DB

Mrs. MK said...

Thank you! You made me smile today!

An Adventurer in the World said...

love how the yellow cake is frosted!

deb meyers

ByHISgoodGrace said...

I just linked to your blog from 22 Words. I am loving your blog. I'm on your Dorothy Patterson quote, which I may steal and post just now! Thanks! I was intrigued by your Fernando Ortega post as well...! I look forward to checking through this blog--your posts are so close to my heart.
Blessings,
Katrina

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4