Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fragile


Now easily crushed, stomped to dust,
caught by the lightest wind and blown away.
I was not always like this, was I?
Childlike in all the wrong ways....
needy, demanding, and easily distraught,
unable to face the normal issues in life...
needing a nap by 10am.
*****
Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God,
you who have done great things.
Who, O God, is like you?
Though you have made me see troubles,
many and bitter,
you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth
you will again bring me up.
You will increase my honor
and comfort me once again.
Psalms 71:19-21

3 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

What He says He will do. This I know and have experienced... in ways I never anticipated.

Your words often make me feel as though I know just a bit of your pain and grief.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you

Unknown said...

Love your leaf photo and fragile poem. Sending you a little prayer!

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4