
When across the heart deep waves of sorrow
Break, as on a dry and barren shore;
When hope glistens with no bright tomorrow,
And the storm seems sweeping evermore;
When the cup of every earthly gladness
Bears no taste of the life-giving stream;
And high hopes, as tough to mock our sadness,
Fade and die as in some fitful dream,
Who shall hush the weary spirit's chiding?
Who the aching void within shall fill?
Who shall whisper of a peace abiding,
and each surging billow calmly still?
Only He whose wounded heart was broken
With the better cross and thorny crow;
Whose dear love glad words of joy had spoken,
Who His life for us laid meekly down.
Blessed Healer, all our burdens lighten,
Give us peace. Thine own sweet peace, we pray!
Keep us near Thee till morn shall brighten,
And all the mists and shadows flee away!
3 comments:
Mrs. MK~
my email address is
sgrbear724@yahoo.com
But don't you know? You already Do bless my family, and especially me, with your kind words and visits!
I know not of your burdens, but I know that your eyes are fixed on the One who can carry them for you. Be well, my friend.
Hmmmmm....I THOUGHT I left a comment.
Is my pregnant brain playing tricks on me again?
Yep....and I emailed you....hmmm...internet tag!
Post a Comment