Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What's NOT helpful?

The broil function on my oven, that's what.
I should be banned from that knob....
I always visualize gently toasting the bread,
browning the biscuits, or crisping the top of the muffins.
This is to remind myself,
next time I think I'm ready to handle it,
"Just step away from the broiler, Ma'am!"
p.s. they're not chocolate cupcakes, but corn muffins! I bet you would have never guessed, right?

8 comments:

soknitpicky said...

Whew! What a relief to know that I'm not the only one who does this!! :-)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!! I burned some cupcakes so badly awhile ago, and this reminded me of that. It was so bad that I bought an oven thermometer to help me.

Broilers are tricky little devils.

Roberta said...

Bummer!
Planning to broil tuna and cheese melts for lunch...I'll definitely stand by!

Your view, btw, is lovely! Love the red!

Mrs. MK said...

Roberta, Good Luck!

Molly, is the oven thermometer helping? I should try that!

Soknitpicky....thanks for stopping by! I love your knits....you inspire me!

Brambleberry said...

This made me smile so big!

Grace said...

It's the TRUTH! So many times, I have attempted to toast or crisp, but alas, I usually CHAR. ;)

Hope that the Lord blesses your week abundantly!

Becky Avella said...

Oh my goodness this made me laugh! This is so something I would do. Who am I kidding? Have done! Thanks for making me feel like I'm not alone. : )

Rebekah said...

I actually thought they looked really yummy until I read they weren't brownies ;) Funny. I just did the same thing for my son's 4th birthday party...but I just forgot about it until smoke started pour out of the oven... ;)

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4