Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Rare Jewel


I can in all states cast my care upon God,
cast my burden upon God,
I can commit my way to God in peace:
faith can do this.
Therefore, when reason can go no higher,
let faith get on the shoulders of reason and say,
‘I see land though reason cannot see it,
I see good that will come out of all this evil.’
Exercise faith by often resigning yourself to God,
by giving yourself up to God and his ways.
The more you in a believing way
surrender up yourself to God,
the more quiet and peace you will have.
.
.
.
The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment,
by Jeremiah Burroughs

1 comment:

Ebe said...

This is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.

I needed to read this today!

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4