Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Happy Ending

My husband sang as we waited:
When we all get to heaven
what a day of rejoicing that will be
When we all see Jesus
We'll sing and SHOUT the victory.
~~~
There is a happy ending to this story,
it's just that we're not there yet.
~~~
I can't bring myself to share
the details of the birth of Babycakes,
maybe someday.
~~~
The hardest part right now is we are waiting on genetic testing
to determine for sure the gender of the baby.
So I am still saying "Baby"
instead of a dear, precious CHOSEN name.
~~~
I am grateful, ever so much, for everyone's prayers and
thoughtful comments. I will print them all out and treasure them.
Thank you!

9 comments:

Designerof3 said...

Your family picture is beautiful. Your smiles show a joy only Christ can bring. I don't guess, I KNOW that your witness of living in the peace of Christ amidst pain is speaking volumes to those around you. It's probably one of the hardest realities we face, in that what's happening in our lives is just as much for and being used in the lives of others by God. Keep shining Katie.

Mrs Manz said...

I just linked over from Molly's blog - I lost a daughter October of '07. Your posts - while stirring those old griefs and honest fears - also remind me of the God who held me through the darkest hours. I would imagine that is your heart's desire - to have others love and trust the Lord more because of you. Praying for your family today. With a hug from Canada...
kendall

Brambleberry said...

You have been so heavy on my heart these last few days. My heart aches for you and the pain you are experiencing. Please know I am lifting you up in prayer.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I also linked over from Molly's blog.

I am so sorry for your loss. Our first child went straight to Jesus after his premature birth.

God blessed us with a daughter a year later and a son twelve years later (yes... that was twelve years!).

I think so often of That Day when we will all be together and our dear Matthew will be there in person.

I have learned not to question Him but to grieve and go on for this is not Heaven, yet.

(((HUGS)))

Raechel said...

Hi. I just came from Molly's blog.
We lost a daughter at 32 weeks. Yesterday would have been her 2nd birthday.
I know this feeling of loss. It can feel all-consuming.
I also know the feeling of God's great comfort. It IS all-consuming.
I am so sorry for your loss. I grieve with you.
I love the words from the hymn, "there is no place where Earth's sorrows are more felt than up in Heaven". What comfort to know that God is more saddened by sin and death than we are.
His comfort is great.
There is a happy ending, indeed.
Looking, along with you, to that day!
Raechel

Tasha said...

I love that picture of you guys! It's so great, I have that one on my fridge! :) Still praying for you guys and thinking of you often!!

robyn Koplin said...

It is comforting to know that everything that comes to pass (good or bad) has been touched by the blood of Christ. Good or bad it has passed through the holes in his hands and been redeemed. Prayers for you and your family in this time...

(a friend of molly's)
rk

Melissa Joy said...

Oh death, where is thy sting?
The Lord is victorious, indeed.
We are continuing to keep your entire family in prayer.
With sincere love...

Rooney's Little Musings said...

I am so, so, sorry.

I wish I had more eloquent words for you right now, but please know that you and your family will continue to be in my prayers.

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4