Sunday, April 11, 2010

Promise

O LORD, you are my God;
I will exalt and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness
you have done marvelous things,
things planned long ago.
You have been a refuge for the poor,
a refuge for the needy in his distress,
a shelter from the storm
and a shade from the heat.
~
On this mountain the LORD Almighty
will prepare a feast of rich food for all peoples,
a banquet of aged wine---
the best of meats and the finest of wines.
On this mountain he will destroy the shroud
that enfolds all peoples,
the sheet that covers all nations;
he will swallow up death forever.
The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces;
he will remove the disgrace of his people
from all the earth.
The LORD has spoken.
In that day they will say,
"Surely this is our God;
we trusted in him and he saved us.
This is the LORD, we trusted in him;
let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."
Isaiah 25:1, 4, 6-9
God gave me this passage yesterday,
and I am grateful.
Suffering opens my eyes to the treasure of His promises.
If I hadn't known these tears, this death,
this passage wouldn't speak of untold miracles
yet to come.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Katie,
I love this passage. It was my food last summer when we lost our baby.
Thank you for posting.
Betsy

Jean Marie said...

His mercies are new every morning....

I am praying for you!!!

(a reader from Molly Piper's blog)

~ Jean Marie

Melissa Joy said...

Thank you ~ I needed this today.

Thank you for ministering to others, even in the midst of your own overwhelming grief.
We are praying for you.

Ebe said...

He will swallow up death forever. Amen.

Praying for you...

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4