Are you 2 in heaven, the way I imagine you? Do you have your daddy's blue eyes? Your grandpa's curls?
Your roses are blooming, profuse color: fragrance and beauty.
Not a day goes by without my thoughts turning to you! Most often it's with wistful longing brought into submission to Peace when I contemplate your complete happiness, consider your fulfilled joy as you see and live in His presence.
I remind myself of life's moment....it's almost here, then, when I find the day has come to be with my Lord, and there experience what you have ahead of me. How I long for the day when my faith shall be made sight! Jesus, come quickly!!!
Ellie, we're going camping today. We'll hike and play and eat s'mores. You would have loved the extra big marshmallows I bought just for today. We all miss you, and say your name with a smile on our lips and a song in our hearts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4
4 comments:
Remembering Ellie with you.
Rejoicing in God's good providence.
Praying for your heart.
(((hugs)))
Happy birthday, sweet Ellie. Happy remembrance day to her sweet family.
This... your longing for Heaven and Jesus... reminds me that *we* are the aliens and strangers. Ellie is home.
Hello Mrs. MK - I sent this to another lady and I feel it is for you too. Pay close attention - this writing will speak to your heart. Will keep You two Sisters in Christ in prayer. The LORD bless and keep you, dear Sister.
In Christ alone, barb
LEAN HARD
by Octavius Winslow
"Cast your burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain you."
Psalm 55:22
It is by an act of simple, prayerful faith we transfer our cares and anxieties, our sorrows and needs, to the Lord. Jesus invites you come and lean upon Him, and to lean with all your might upon that arm that balances the universe, and upon that bosom that bled for you upon the soldier's spear! But you doubtingly ask, "Is the Lord able to do this thing for me ?" And thus, while you are debating a matter about which there is not the shadow of a shade of doubt, the burden is crushing your gentle spirit to the dust. And all the while Jesus stands at your side and lovingly says, "Cast your burden upon Me and I will sustain you. I am God Almighty. I bore the load of your sin and condemnation up the steep of Calvary, and the same power of omnipotence, and the same strength of love that bore it all for you then, is prepared to bear your need and sorrow now. Roll it all upon Me! Child of My love! Lean hard! Let Me feel the pressure of your care. I know your burden, child! I shaped it—I poised it in My own hand and made no proportion of its weight to your unaided strength. For even as I laid it on, I said I shall be near, and while she leans on Me, this burden shall be Mine, not hers. So shall I keep My child within the encircling arms of My own love. Here lay it down! Do not fear to impose it on a shoulder which upholds the government of worlds! Yet closer come! You are not near enough! I would embrace your burden, so I might feel My child reposing on My breast. You love Me! I know it. Doubt not, then. But, loving me, lean hard!"
(from Winslow's book "Christ's Sympathy to Weary Pilgrims")
Post a Comment