Wednesday, January 19, 2011

31 Weeks and Undeserving

So far, the non-stress tests
have shown us 
our little man is doing great!
~~~
After loss, twice through,
it is still hard to grasp that in a matter of weeks,
if God wills,
I will hold this little one in my arms.
In so many ways,  grief has become a part of who I am.
I am used to it,  as ridiculous as that sounds.
Now I almost can't even imagine the feeling
of holding him.
Will I fly apart with happiness?
~~~
I am so undeserving of this gift.
God is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger,
abounding in love.


3 comments:

Melissa Joy said...

Oh Katie, I am rejoicing with you. I think I will fly apart with happiness *for* you! (((hugs)))
Will continue to pray...

Kimmie said...

Yes He is and He sure is a giver of good gifts. Praying for you my friend.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Veronica said...

Praising God!

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4