Thursday, April 24, 2008

Doing My Best


Yesterday I heard my oldest whine "But I did my best" when I knew it wasn't even close to effort that he should have put in. As I opened my mouth to correct him, I was reminded of the plainitive way I look at the life around me, the responsibilities given me. How often I am unhappy with the results of my actions, yet defend their mediocrity with the thought that at least I'm trying.....


Honestly, do I say "I'm doing my best" because I want a pat on the back or as an excuse for not measuring up----in reality finding fault with the One who made me?


Instead, let me DO all that is before me to do, not shirking or skimping, and offering all to Him, and allow Him inspect (and correct!)

No comments:

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4