Sunday, November 2, 2008

Baby Blessing

Offering hospitality for my mom and sister's birthdays
came with a side benefit today....
my nephew Brogan (5 1/2 months old already!)
taking his afternoon nap
on my shoulder.
How is it that one hour
with this precious little man
fills my heart so?
One hour of tiny sighs, dreaming with a smile,
tiny fist on my neck, his eyelashes curling,
and ears so sweetly formed.
Oh, how I'm feeling it...
the blessing of baby love!

3 comments:

Rooney's Little Musings said...

what a beautiful picture.

I can read the joy in your eyes.

Take Care.

Roberta said...

How sweet! Brogan is a dolly. I am glad you were blessed holding him.

~~Deby said...

I think holding a baby is one of the most relaxing things you can do...
love it..
Deby

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4