Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Details

When our "old" vintage oven
(bought at a yard sale 3 years ago for $25!)
started taking 45 minutes to heat up,
we looked online for replacement parts.
To fix the burners and the oven was going to be over $200.
After a quick scan of the classifieds,
we headed to the city to buy this uptown Frigidaire, circa 1952.
For $150, I now have double ovens, a clock that works,
and even a light that clicks on to say "Broil" or "Bake".
(You know my record with the Broil function!)
Everything works, except the timer.
Merry Christmas to me!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

wow. Mrs. MK.

You.
Are.
WONDERFUL.

I received the most amazing envelope in the mail, and I just can't find the right words to express my elation upon opening it.

How do you know me so well? How did your heart grow so large?

Your generosity made me cry happy tears. And thoughtful tears. God is good to His people, by creating people with goodness overflowing. Like you.

I could (and will) gush on and on to you of the wonderfulness of the gifts you bestowed upon me and mine (you certainly DID bless my family!) but I will do so in the card I am writing for you presently.

I just wanted to pop on here to let you know I received it. With joy. AND amazement.

You are so very dear.

(PS. That is one funky and FUN stove. I have always WANTED double ovens and ranges! Add cool retro/vintage chick to your nametag too!)

Grace said...

I love old ovens! :D They are sooo cute! I met a sweet couple who actually had their 50's oven shipped from the east coast!!!! It was in mint condition, but shipping & handling cost more than the oven (of course). :P

Laura said...

Oohh!!! Love it!!! I imagine you whipping up a vintage-looking apron to wear beside it. :)

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4