Friday, June 26, 2009

Bubbling Over

I had to call my husband today,
just to tell him something he's already begun to suspect:
his wife is a human being again.
.
.
The grief of the last 16 months
left me wasted, completely drained.
My moods were erractic at best
and the littlest things, the normal difficulties of daily life,
would set me on a downward mental track
that I couldn't escape from.
My spiritual stamina and my emotional reserves
were hitting bottom nearly every day.
.
.
Others have said that this time would come:
that I would still cry and miss my Ellie,
but that the sting would be gone.
I had a hard time believing it.
.
.
But today, I am positively bouncing through my day:
Not that it's been a perfect day, either....
just the things that would have ruined me two months ago
are now just minor bumps.
Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits--
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with
love and compassion.
Psalm 103:2-4

8 comments:

Mrs. MK said...

ps. no coffee, either!! :-)

Becky Avella said...

I have goosebumps. I am so happy to read this. It is an answer to prayer. I'll keep praying.

Enjoy this beautiful summer and your handsome boys. (I have two cute girls for them to meet when they grow up) : )

Anonymous said...

Praise God! Katie I cannot tell you how thrilled I am for you. This is so incredible :) Smiling with you!!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news!! I am so happy for you!! I have been praying for you for a year.
It gives me hope!!
Thank you for sharing your journey.
Can you share what has helped you turn the corner?

Mommy said...

All praise and glory to God!

Melissa Joy said...

I praise God with you for His kindness and mercy. I am so thankful that He has crowned you with love and compassion!!

Tasha said...

So happy for you!

whitey said...

You are the proof that it just takes time, I know my loss of my Dad has been two years now, I know my family has not been able to understand my grief at times. Looking forward to happy times once again.

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4