Friday, April 30, 2010

Comfort and Compassion


I know, O Lord, that your laws are righteous,
and in faithfulness you have afflicted me.
May your unfailing love be my comfort,
according to your promise to your servant.
Let your compassion come to me that I may live,
for your law is my delight.
~Psalm 119:75-77
Tears come, flooding hot and bitter.
Additional blows,
an extra sting in the wound of loss.
How much more can I take?
How much more does He have in store for me?
I am tired, weary, and yes,
angry.
Beauty will come,
{I know}
but for now,
it's just ashes.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wanted to share this song with you in case you hadn't heard it before and in the hopes that it ministers to you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l3CEMWCxSk&feature=related

Praying,
Andrea

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4