Sunday, May 30, 2010

I'll Fly Away

Ian at worship practice....this is his current favorite song.

The 3-year-old is Spirit-led,

and he teaches my heart

to sing.

Some glad morning when this life is o'er,I'll fly away

To a home on God's celestial shore, I'll fly away.

When the shadows of this life have grown I'll fly away,

Like a bird from prison bars has flown I'll fly away!

Just a few more weary days and then I'll fly away,

to a land where joys shall never end, I'll fly away!

Oh how glad and happy when we meet, I'll fly away,

No more cold, iron shackles on my feet, I'll fly away!

I'll fly away, O Glory, I'll fly away,

When I die, hallelejah, by and by, I'll fly away!

4 comments:

whitey said...

What a great song just got thru listening to it by Alan Jackson never heard it before.

Ebe said...

Praise God... he has promised!

Miss Gracie's House said...

Oh, He makes me smile!

Jen said...

This is the song that Faye always asks to sing during our family hymn sing time.

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4