
(photos of Father's Day, 2010)





'We need not despise happiness simply because there is so much unhappiness. We should not arrogantly push away the kind hand of God because God's hand is otherwise so hard.....
may God also prepare you through this divine kindness to bear again the divine hardship if necessary.'
~~~~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
2 comments:
Hello Mrs. MK - I have been thinking of you and Mrs. Bekah of Bekahboo lately and during prayer. I found another Octavius Winslow that I pray will comfort your heart.
BRING YOUR SORROWS TO ME
"Bring him here to me." Matthew 17:17
In your moment of disappointment and despair, Jesus meets you with the gracious words, "Bring it here unto me." And now your spirit revives, your heart bounds, at the words, and you exclaim, "Behold, Lord, I come."
Jesus says, "Bring your sorrows to Me." Never did the soul find so powerful a magnet, attracting to itself affliction in every form, and sorrow in every shade, as Jesus. Standing as in the center of a world of woe, He invites every daughter of sorrow, of sin, of grief to repair to Him for support, sympathy, and healing. As the High Priest of His Church for whom alone He suffered, and wept, and sobbed, He unveils a bosom capacious enough and loving enough, and sympathizing enough, to embrace every sufferer, and to pillow every grief. Accept, then, His compassionate invitation, and bring your grief to the soothing, sustaining, sanctifying grace of His heart!
I actually laughed when I saw the pictures from this blog...the giant marshmallows!! We bought the exact same bag a few weeks ago to roast outside on our fire...what a mess - 3 very sticky boys!! But they had so much fun - and seeing their smile - makes my heart smile...
Post a Comment