We've waited, prayed, longed and dreamed of this time---
the realness of our baby boy.
His kicks are now *for sure*,
the boys are always talking of the day when they are numbered 4,
and baby names float across my mind.
It is so sweet, knowing this little one,
but loving hurts, too.
I want to protect myself, but I can't hide
from the possibility {or is it probability?}
of pain and loss.
Everyday surrender of longings,
desires deeper than breathing,
the instincts of a millenia.
Jesus, save!
It's here, the time is now.
and this is life,
for real.
Just hold on, baby.

8 comments:
embracing you too and the goodness of our Father who gives such beautiful blessings.
What an absolutely wonderful picture... love it! I check your blog often, with hope of a new update! :)
Oh, friend. I know.
Praying for you.
oh so sweet. The words, the photo, the babe.
Those little kicks are one of the most wonderful things of all.
Praying with you all. I love this picture so much.
Love you, Katie. Beautiful picture and words from your heart. Praying for you my friend!
The photo... brought tears to my eyes. I don't know when I've seen a more beautiful, hopeful, expectant portrait.
Whenever I think of you and your men and your baby boy I have a prayer on my heart and the Spirit always reminds me, "A bruised reed He will not break..."
Praying for your precious baby boy; may God grant you the fulfillment of holding him in your arms; alive and well and healthy!
Post a Comment