It has been perfectly beautiful winter weather here the past week.
There have been sledding parties, snowball fights,
and joyful preparations for Christmas.
Lots of hot cocoa, stories read aloud,
and quiet reflections while the snow comes down.
*Baby is still doing well. His kicks are the best part of my day. Monday night I dreamed of him.
It was my first {good} dream----he was alive, smiling and needing a diaper change. My dreams are always vivid, and tend to affect my mornings...so many times I have to work hard at shaking off a nightmare. But not yesterday. I was on just so happy going through my day, remembering that smile and smelly diaper.
*Last night we chose Baby's name. We had't even talked about it that much, but as we were falling asleep, we just knew it was time. The boys' had a mixed reaction this morning at breakfast.....turns out this little guy may have lots of middle names and nicknames!
*There is still sadness. Christmas is such a time of longing for me. Longing for all that is not now, and not here. But the amazing thing is that God is helping me to work through the moments of sadness: allowing them but then moving on. Not dwelling or wallowing in the sadness.
Is this contentment: making peace with the grief?
*Winter is a time of challenge for me in mothering. We are all feeling cooped up, and nerves and tempers show. I listen for the Lord in the noise and chaos, but mostly I hear Him in the few minutes of stolen quiet and peace after the boys go to bed, or before they wake up. He is good to me because he is with me.

2 comments:
Oh sweet friend. Thankful (so very very thankful) for increasing measures of peace. This is a GIFT!
And I can relate on the winter/cooped up-ness. But you're right, he's with us, and that alone is so good.
Praying for you and thankful for God's sufficient grace... and longing with you - oh how I LONG with you!!
(((hugs))) & love.
Post a Comment