Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Take #2 in Blue

Guess who this is for?
Knit with a few variations from Nathan's sweater,
but with just as much *frogging*
(that's my new word for the week---
knitters lingo for "rip out the last 6 hours of work!")
I had hoped to just knit it through---
but *blond moment*, I had changed my technique
(from *throwing* or "English" to *picking* or "Continental")
without rechecking my gauge,
which resulted in the body of the sweater being nearly big enough for me.
But it's not for me, so that wouldn't work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That porch is cute! : ) Kudos to you on the knitting. I never learned to knit. when I was younger, it was just toooo tedious to me. now that I have slowed down some: ) I'd kinda like to learn , but.....

Anonymous said...

Had you posted nothing about ripping out anything I'd have never known! I'm such a knitting novice that I can't get past the the first 3 inches (of a 6 by 3 practice swath!) without becoming very frustrated that it's going so slow and surely I must be doing it wrong because it's so slow.

It looks like a wonderfully soft yarn in a shade of blue that is perfect for fall.

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4