Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Enjoying Motherhood

I can honestly say that I view being "Mommy"


to my three boys as the greatest responsibility


and the greatest joy ever given me.


In so many ways, it is terrifying~~


yet I rest in the knowledge that God has given these boys


into my care, knowing both my strengths and weaknessness,


as well as their individual needs. God is using them to work in me,


and using me to teach them. What a amazing give and take---


always striving to find the balance between authority


(Do it just because I said so, and I'm your momma!!)


and friendship and relantionship building.


Neither one can be neglected.




God, grant me the grace to extend to my children.


Help me to move from critical judgement over their faults to


rejoicing in every evidence of grace in their lives.


It is such a remarkable blessing to see YOU at work!


Thank you for working in them


and in me.


4 comments:

randi said...

This is such a sweet post. Motherhood is a huge responsibility, but what blessing he receive from our kids as they grow and mature in Christ!

Brambleberry said...

Such a lovely post.

(That picture is just the sweetest thing!)

Anonymous said...

Love this sweet post! I wish everyone took mothering seriously.

Manuela

Simply Stork said...

ahhh...nothing like a mother who enjoys being a mother :o)
lovely post today...
~simply stork~

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4