Monday, March 31, 2008

Living Through This.....

Last week, depression and other
side effects of this grief threatened to undo
so many good things in my life.
I was simply unable to do many of the tasks
that being a mom and wife brings,
things I love to do!
Routine housework has become a mountain to scale everyday,
our minimal homeschooling is now a chore,
and discipline and structure are very obviously missing
in our day and in my life.
So the question is----when is that OK,
and when is it time to just get tough,
and do what needs done?


This week I am trying to deal with this by setting a simple and small housework goal for everyday, and exercising everyday, and by reading to the kids everyday.
That's my minimum.....we'll see....

6 comments:

Trudy said...

I think you're doing just as you should right now. The timing is for you to decide.

Yours is an inspiring, beautiful story of faith. May God be with you.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you're right beginning with little goals...All the feelings you're experiencing are normal, you need time ...Love from France

Miss Gracie's House said...

I think exercise was a lifesaver for me. Hard to believe, I know:)
It doesn't take away the pain nor the reality; it just helped me to release and feel better for awhile. God did make those endorphins, you know.

Jessica said...

I just 'found' your blog. The pictures of your sweet baby remind me so much of mine. My daughter was stillborn at 26wks. Please know I am here, even though you don't know me... I know your pain.

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself, sweet girl. All else can wait. I think you are right in doing the minimum. Grief has a timeline all its own.

Kate

Tracy said...

Grief is a funny thing (funny strange, not funny ha-ha). Every single person will deal with it differently. What you're feeling is absolutely normal. My very wise MIL told me that there are times in our lives where we just have to do what is necessary to get through. If that means you need to scale right back to bare basics for a while then that's what you need to do. I would think that now would be a good time to take a 'term break' from school for a week or two...unless you need it to keep you going.

I haven't yet figured out if it's fortunate or not, but when all you want to do is stop...life just keeps going. Perhaps that's to remind us that our lives haven't really stopped at all.

Give yourself time ~ grief takes time. It's OK to have bad weeks, bad days, bad moments. Let yourself feel them, but try not to wallow in them.

My prayers are with you.

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4